Take Back Dinner
Did you know?
- In America over the past 25 years, dinners at home have dropped 33% 1
- Sixty years after "fast food" was added to the dictionary, some 60% of households now skip the family dinner routine.
- Among teens who had dinner with their families five or more nights a week, 86% reported they had never tried smoking, compared with 65% of youth who had dinner with their families two or fewer nights a week. Similarly, teens who ate dinner with their families five or more nights a week were less likely to have tried alcohol or marijuana. Teens who had frequent family dinners were also more likely to get better grades.2
- A Harvard Study found that children who had at least five dinners together a week had healthier eating habits. Even when not at home, they typically consumed more fruits, vegetables, and juice.
- According to an online survey the top five dinnertime distractions are: rushing to finish the meal due to schedule conflicts (33%); entertainment technologies including televisions and computers (31%); parental stress (24%); mobile phone use at the table (19%) and difficulty engaging children in conversation (13%)3
Dream Dinners began as a way to save busy parents time in the kitchen, while still being be able to put a feel-good, home cooked meal on the table. In addition to providing families more healthy dinner options, Dream Dinners is also an affordable approach. Plus, there is no "unused" grocery waste for the home cook, which experts say can be nearly 30% of groceries every week!
Dream Dinners vs. Grocery Store
How many ingredients do you have to shop for to make one dinner recipe? What if you made 12 dinners? How much would it cost in time and money? See the eye opening comparison of how you save time and money at Dream Dinners.
Hear how Dream Dinners has reduced stress, improved family life and made dinnertime easy and fun for our guests...
Watch More >
Read how Dream Dinners has reduced stress, improved family life and made dinnertime easy and fun for our guests...
"If you want really healthy nutritious meals that are already ready to go quick and easy, they are far less expensive than anything else you could do. The recipes are easy to follow. Everything is already laid out for you and chopped and ready to go so it's really, really fast."
-- Sharon Snell
"I don't have to plan one more thing. I just got really tired of having to plan our meals on top of it, and put them together and see if I could get it done before the next soccer game and so it was just a lot easier for me to be able to have something in the freezer and make it quickly."
-- Ann Herbig
Read More >
1 Robert Putman, Bowling Alone (Simon and Schuster, 2000)
2 Mary Story, PhD, RD, and Dianne Neumark-Sztainer, PhD, MPH, RD, "A Perspective on Family Meals: Do They Matter?" Nutrition Today 40, no. 6 (November/December 2005): 261-266. See also http://journals.lww.com/nutritiontodayonline/Fulltext/2005/11000/A_Perspective_on_Family_Meals_Do
_They_Matter_.7.aspx?WT.mc_id=HPxADx20100319xMP#P54. Accessed March 24, 2010.
3 This survey was conducted online within the United States by Harris Interactive on behalf of Dream Dinners from November 17-22, 2011 among 1,368 parents of children age 17 years or younger. This online survey is not based on a probability sample and therefore no estimate of theoretical sampling error can be calculated.