Jalapeno Peach Pork Roast
Fast Lane Inspired by the southern tradition of combining fruit with peppers to create a complimentary taste. Peaches provide the perfect sweetness to the heat of jalapeños. Barbeque sauce and seasonings complete a spicy glaze on top. Bake in a pan with sweet potatoes and peaches for a healthy, light dinner.
Thaw in refrigerator:
Preheat oven to 350°F.
1. Remove pork roast from package and place fat-cap (white) side up on one side of a sprayed baking pan. Cut a 1/2 inch deep, crisscross X-pattern into top of roast. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Add potatoes to a separate 8x8 baking dish and cover with foil. Place dish on other side of baking pan beside roast and place in oven. Bake for 45 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, add sauce ingredients to small saucepan adding desired amount of jalapenos. Stir to blend and heat on low 10-15 minutes.
4. Drizzle 1/4 cup of sauce over sweet potatoes and recover. Pour remaining sauce over roast, and bake an additional 30-40 minutes. (internal temp. of 145°F.)
5. Let roast rest 5-10 min. Cut into 1/4 inch slices. Serve with sweet potato blend.
Prep time: 1 hr. 25 min.
Tossed green salad
4 oz pork roast with sauce
|Amount / Serving|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Sat Fat||3 g|
|Total Carbs||28 g|
Nutritional information is per serving unless otherwise stated and are based on standard formulations. For example, if one Large dinner was divided into 6 equal portions, the nutritional information is accurate for one portion. Variations in ingredients and preparation, as well as substitutions, will increase or decrease any stated nutritional values. Items vary by store, and are subject to change. Contact your local store for further assistance.